17 December 2011

The Field Where I Died

The wife is watching an X-Files marathon while we make christmas cookies. This was one of my favorite bits from that series:



The text is from an old Victorian poem by Robert Browning:

“  At times I almost dream
I too have spent a life the sages’ way,
And tread once more familiar paths. Perchance
I perished in an arrogant self-reliance
Ages ago; and in that act a prayer
For one more chance went up so earnest, so
Instinct with better light let in by death,
That life was blotted out — not so completely
But scattered wrecks enough of it remain,
Dim memories, as now, when once more seems
The goal in sight again.”
Paracelsus, Robert Browning

3 comments:

Dr. J said...

There goes the weekend, X-files marathon for me too!!

Community CPR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Sarao said...

Favorite episode of favorite series!! I love that one. Even though I have the entire series on DVD and it's on Netflix streaming, I'll still turn on a marathon! Yay!! :)