09 April 2011

Beat Poetry

Ordinarily, a nine-minute animated beat poem is something I would subject myself to only under extreme duress, and not willingly. So recently when I began seeing links to this pop up, my eyes immediately glazed over and I hit the "next" button in my RSS reader.

Then I looked a little closer and realized it was Tim Minchin. That changed things a lot. It's nine-minutes of sheer unadulterated brilliance.

Watch it. If you only watch one nine-minute animated beat poem in your life (and one may be all that I have in me), this is the one to watch. It tells the story of a dinner party where he confronts a credulous hippie. Good stuff.

2 comments:

08armydoc said...

good stuff

Anonymous said...

Oh great. Loved this. As a Reformed hippie scientist its always tough when you end up in one of these conversations.