12 March 2010

Friday Flashback

Anticipation

My neighbor's kid constructed this ramp:
I am not sure what use he intends to put it to. He skates and rides a dirt bike on the streets around here, though not with any great skill, it must be said. But I kind of admire his chutzpah -- by my eye, that thing takes off at about a 45-degree angle. Unfortunately, I've got to go to work soon, so I won't be around to witness the excitement.

That's okay; I can ask him about it when he gets to the ER later.



Originally posted 3 February 2007

7 comments:

  1. You never posted a follow-up before. Do you know what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I see things like that and say "job security".

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine has a whole rickety plywood half-pipe sort of construction in his back yard. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the goal here is not to go off the high end, but at worst grind along the top and go back down the sloped side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the much needed chuckle this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blur out the license plate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I roared when I got to your last sentence - I laughed so much I woek up the cat!!! You wanna see some of the things that are being constructed in the woods by the kids of our neighbourhood. Actually no, you probably don't. Your ER's a l-o-n-g way from here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strong kicker ramp. I built an 8 foot quarter pipe in my driveway when I was a kid, wonder what the neighbors thought about that one...

    ReplyDelete