10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day Haiku!
teeth marks on shoulder
"I bite you instead of kiss!"
painful toddler love


don't pull out your hair
no matter what the kids do
will just grow back gray


sleep in the bath tub
copy of Dwell is destroyed
me time so worth it


the penis custom
off limits in shopping cart
important lesson


tiny baby socks
become bigger stinky ones
still love the feet, though


"I love you, Mommy."
melts my heart every time
even cleaning poop

More through the link.

3 comments:

  1. Your haiku covers all the satisfactions amid the chaos of parenthood. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it would be pedantic to point out that this is actually a series of haiku, each of which is missing its "kigo."

    I know, I know, I just couldn't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Shadowfax. I hope Mrs. Shadowfax has a much deserved wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete