06 January 2009

An open letter to the BCS people

Dear BCS people,

I hear that there is a championship game coming up shortly. I love football, and I love college football. But it is January 7th, and I no longer care about bowls. They're supposed to end Jan 1. (I'll give you till the 3rd if it's a weekend.) It's playoff season now, you see? So I am sorry to tell you that I will not be watching your little title game. Maybe next year, if you keep it in the holidays where it's supposed to be, I will.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Matt Dick said...

Amen, brother. I can't imagine the audience is enhanced by playing the BCS title game 26 months after the season ends. I know the students and alumni of the schools involved still care, but I couldn't care less, and *I* watched Ball State play Tulsa in the GMAC bowl.

lednes

EE said...

Agreed.