15 July 2008

It's Satire! Get it?

David Horsey responds to the New Yorker's controversial Obama cartoon:
Just for the record, I have no problem with the New Yorker's cover, except that it's poorly thought out. Simply repeating a smear/rumor/insult without adding any insight or fresh take on it is dumb.

As a secondary thought, how strangely meta is it for Horsey to have to include the image of the original cartoon in his cartoon to ensure that less-informed readers understand that he's critiquing the original cover, not making a comment on McCain?

3 comments:

  1. I like Obama's response better.

    http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/07/obamas_response_to_the_new_yorker_cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if he could sing like the Beach Boys, he would be much better at getting votes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally immersed myself in the excellent stuff.
    Excellent information here. This interesting post made me smile. 22dd

    ReplyDelete